Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Cardboard, No; Delicious, YES

I have to admit my unbelief in Fiber One. 

I've seen hundreds of commercials for it, and yeah the people always look thrilled to be eating this cereal, but they were paid to react that way...I wasn't sold. When initially I began trying to eat healthier I was of that damaging mentality that healthy=not so tasty. Someone could have knocked me over with a feather when I realized how wrong I was! Not only is healthy food absolutely delicious, but it is what I have come to crave. Not to say I wouldn't give it all for a piece of cake every now and then, but overall the good stuff is what my body wants. And definitely what it needs. So on the road to discovering new yummy health conscious foods I decided to give Fiber One a try. I initially bought it because I had a Hungry Girl recipe (whole nother post on Hungry Girl another day...) that had me coating chicken in crushed Fiber One bran. Since I had it in the pantry I thought I might as well give it a shot and I remember proclaiming "Zach! This stuff is ACTUALLY really good!!!" What a revelation! Fiber really is an important part of our diets and in aiding our digestive health, and we are supposed to be taking in 20-35 grams of fiber a day. Well in just 1/2 a cup of Fiber One (the bran one) you get 57% of your daily fiber!!! Needless to say Fiber One has now become a breakfast staple and I love trying out the different varieties, occasionally adding fruit to them.





JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment