Friday, November 5, 2010

For the Love of Purple

PURPLE  is absolutely everywhere this fall. It is apparently THE "it" color of the season, and I have to say I am loving it more than I expected to! For starters, I feel like purple is a color that has shades that look good on everyone; people with literally any skin tone or hair color. There are some colors (like yellow or orange) that just are not meant for certain people. Purple is not one of those colors though! A lavender looks nice on people with darker skin tone and darker hair, plum for the lighter complexion, amethyst for the redhead, and plenty of purples to play with for the in-between!








There are lots of different styles I would like to embrace in purple, but the top two that make my list are:


This gorgeous purple pea coat!
These deep purple opaque tights
I would love to have enough daring and courage to try out some opaque tights under an oversized sweater, a pair of boy shorts, or a high-waisted skirt. Maybe I will work up enough nerve to try out this fashion fad this season!


Lastly on my purple rant, is some eyeshadow I recently purchased at Sephora:
Just a few weeks ago I bought the eyeshadow on the right from this picture. It is by Make Up For Ever, and the pigmentation is incredible! If you want it to give you a lighter, less bold/more daytime look use a brush to break up the particles and apply less over the surface of the eye. If you are going for a more dramatic, statement-making night time eye, use your finger to keep the shadow concentrated  to apply more in smaller areas. I love the durability this shadow provides, I love how a little goes a long way (making the product last longer), and I love how it is an outside of the box color that you can create so many different looks with!

So get out there and try out the right purple for YOU!


JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment