Monday, November 8, 2010

Climb Time

If you recall, last Saturday I planned a surprise date day for my husband. There were lots of things involved, but the one I really want to talk about is CLIMB TIME. In Indianapolis (our big city) we have an indoor rock-climbing place called Climb Time. 


 I had heard about it and driven past it for years, and always wanted to go, so I decided to make it happen. When you get there you rent all your equipment (harness, special shoes) and get a day pass. You can get a "boulder pass" where you free climb the walls, but only up to a certain height, or a "roped pass" to have full access to all the walls using a belay system. Everything here is self oriented, and you wouldn't be able to climb alone because you have to have a person pulling the rope to give you slack the whole way up, and then slowly release the rope to get you down. The first couple of climbs Zach did I literally thought I was going to send him crashing into the ground! 


 The funny thing is, in my tension I ended up doing quite the opposite, and lowered him so slowly he could have taken a nap on his way down! At one point I looked at him when he was coming down and he looked so completely bored out of his mind with the 5 minute descent that I knew I had to move a little quicker. Fortunately I got the hang of it, and no injuries were sustained. :)


 We had a fabulous time and got a great upper-body workout!






Taking a break- it's hard work!




We decided to do some jumping pictures for fun!

1 comment:

  1. This was such a fun time.I wanna go back.it was a super good dating place to. U can see if the person ur dating is athletic, has good team work ,is patient,has fun.. we will Def go again

    ReplyDelete