Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Dessert Night

Last night Zach and I had bi-weekly Dessert Night with our good friends Grant and Leah. 
(Not the greatest quality picture, but for as much as we hang out, I think this is the only picture that all four of us are actually in!)


We had no idea this was going to become a tradition the first time we had it back on August 4th, but what a great tradition it has become! *I had to look on my facebook and go WAAAY back to see when the first dessert night was, and I saw that in my status I affectionately called it "Calorie fest"- definitely appropriate*

So on the first dessert night Grant and I both made desserts (he is a chef-in-training and I love to bake). We quickly learned that if this was going to become a regular thing,
               A. We needed to only have one person making the dessert (waaay too much junk food otherwise)
               B. It needed to be BI-weekly instead of weekly (again so we weren't making ourselves fat)
               C. We should switch off houses and desserts every other time (to make it easier when dealing with cooking and cleaning)

We have now been having dessert night for three months, and it is a great tradition! I really like lists and organization and I realized there is no where that I have been keeping track of what desserts we have had, so I decided to make a list here before it has been so long that I can't remember!

DESSERT NIGHT TREATS SO FAR
August 4: Michael's - Brownies in ramekins w/ice cream
    Rabensteins - Chocolate Vanilla Swirl Cheesecake

August 19: Rabensteins -Dark Chocolate Cake Balls with cream cheese frosting

August 31: Michaels -Chocolate Mousse with orange reduction

September 15: Rabensteins - Surprise Red Cupcakes

September 28: Michaels - Chocolate covered pound cake with fruit

October 12: Rabensteins - Chocolate Cheesecake

October 25: Michaels - Chocolate Candy Bark

November 9: Rabensteins - Marbled Petit Four Brownies w/ice cream


Another thing I wish I had done is taken pictures of all of these desserts. I am a pictureholic and take pictures CONSTANTLY, and always of food, but for some reason these treats have not been documented! This will have to change.
I think this is the only dessert I took a picture of- this is my chocolate cheesecake with white chocolate curls (and let me tell you, curling chocolate is NO JOKE!)



JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment