Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Confessions

Anyone who remotely knows me knows this: I am a self-professed make-up junkie.I LOVE makeup. 


I love to sample it, look at it, buy it, play with it, put it on others...to me make up is an art. I don't really wear all that much at one time, and I don't even put it on every day. Opening my daycare at 6:30 in the morning doesn't really inspire me to start decorating my face. :) But when I do wear make up, it is always all about creating. I love to be and feel creative, but one area I have always wished I possessed more talent in is art. I am a lousy artist, yet I love art and watching people create. I have found my "art outlet" in other facets of life such as putting together outfits, creating unique dishes of food, and yes, in applying make-up. Almost all of my make-up comes from Sephora and I just adore this store. 


They carry so many fabulous lines that I really love. (Tarte, MAKE UP FOR EVER, NARS, Too Faced, Urban Decay, Bare Escentuals, Laura Mercier, and Smashbox - to name a few) I do know that these lines are pricier than say Cover Girl or Revlon or something you could shop at Wal-Greens, and I have nothing against these! ( I always have a Cover Girl liner or Maybelline mascara in my collection!) But while expensive doesn't always mean better (sometimes it just means RIP OFF) I am a firm believer in you-get-what-you-pay-for. With the difference in price comes a difference in quality. You often find that when you shell out a little bit more you get a lot more in return such as makeup that lasts longer, goes on easier, isn't so harsh on your skin, and just generally looks better! Here are just a few of my staples that I adore... 
                                                    
                                                          1.
Urban Decay's 24/7 Glide pencil in zero. The BEST eyeliner. It goes on so smoothly (hence the name Glide), and is extremely durable. It is one of the longest wearing liners I have ever used.
I also love the other colors they have that are great for making your eyes and an out fit pop!
I have all three of these:

                                                              2.
Kevyn Aucoin's "The Mascara." The small, thin brush on this is amazing for getting every single lash, and the new lash extension technology is fabulous! It literally adds length to each lash that comes off easily when you wash your eyes. (*Note this is a lengthening mascara, I always go over it with another one for a second coat to add thickness)

                                                       3.
NARS blush in shade "orgasm." Yeah, yeah, interesting title I know, but what a fabulous color this is! Great for sheering just a swipe or two of shade on, or really using to layer and create a deep rosy cheek.

                                                       4.
Tarte's lip sheer. This packs a triple punch -a lip product with the moisturizing abilities of a chapstick, the color of a lip stain, and is receives Sephora's "Natural Seal"

                                                     5.
I love, love, love LORAC's color trios! They have so many different options, but these two are two of my favorites. They are such beautiful shadows that go on so nicely and last til you have to scrub them off! The color combinations are perfect and they are so versatile. Even when I am not using other colors from these palettes, I am constantly at least using the base shade of one or the other.

So now the cat's out of the bag about my make-up addiction...

P.S. It's election day! Go vote the person, not the party!!!

JORDAN


3 comments:

  1. ok so I want to try that eye liner now! And I want to go to Sephora! lol we need to take a shopping trip soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so i actually will prb reference this whenever i get the funds to buy some new eye makeup cos i always love using yours haha

    and also - i dont want this to sound 'talking downish' in any way but im so glad you went out and voted and got into it! and i love that you and Zach are moderates. its awesome. i love you.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want to go to sephora also...so maybe we need a girls trip there? yes?

    ReplyDelete