Thursday, November 18, 2010

The Food Quest: Introduction

You may have gotten the impression that I like food. If so, you are absolutely wrong; I LOVE food! :) Whenever I would go on a diet (yuck) I had a love/hate relationship with food, loved it when I had it and hated it five seconds later. Over the past couple of years though, since I have refused to ever use the word diet again, and am instead working on living a healthy lifestyle, my relationship to food is completely different. Most of the time I am careful about what I eat and make sure I am making healthy choices. Occasionally though that goes out the window for special reasons, and one of the biggest reasons is Zach and I's food quest. See he loves food just as much as I do (this is a passion neither of us had before marriage, so we have developed this together) and one of the things you will find we watch the most of is either the Food Network or the Travel Channel. We love seeing all the amazing things people do with food and all the great places that people eat. A little over a year ago we decided to start putting all the places that were in America into a food journal. I have pages for every state, and when we see a place we write it down, what city it's in, what food it's best known for, and what show we saw it on. Now while Zach and I definitely consider ourselves foodies (in search of unusual, high class foods that are palate pleasing), most of the places written into our journal are not "foodie" restaurants- a lot of them are very regular and average, but have some dish or item that makes them special enough to get on television. So we have made it our mission to visit them: all of them. Sadly, our great state of Indiana generates very few of these restaurants, so we have to tackle them when we know we will be out of state and in an area where one is. We have been to several so far, and this is just something we really enjoy! So I will create separate posts for the past places we have been, and then will make a new food quest post each time we do a new restaurant! I am very excited, because this weekend we will be hitting one of our restaurants that's in Cicero, IL!!!


JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment