Monday, January 3, 2011

New Year, New Workout

2011- we have officially made it through a decade of the twenty-first century!! I hope everyone had a fabulous New Year's Eve. We sure did! Dinner at Kacy J's complete with a few bottles of wine and two complimentary desserts, champagne at our house along with karaoke/games/Times Square ball drop, then out to celebrate the New Year with lots of dancing, and finally ended the night (read:morning) with breakfast! 


Now that the New Year has begun, so have New Year's resolutions. This means the gym has turned into a mass of humanity determined to shed those pounds once and for all. While I am glad people are concerned for their health, sadly most of these determined people lose that focus within three weeks time. (Though I don't complain about finally having the exercise equipment freed up again when they are gone!) Just in the past week I have added a new element to my routine. Interval training. It's always good to shake things up, and interval training is a great way to help your body change. This is my new schedule on the treadmill:
Walk 1 minute at 3.5
Run 1 minute at 7.0
Walk 1 minute at 3.5
Run 2 minutes at 7.0
Walk 1 minute at 3.5
Run 3 minutes at 6.7
Walk 1 minute at 3.5
Run 4 minutes at 6.5
Walk 2 minutes at 3.5
Run 5 minutes at 6.0
Walk 2 minutes at 3.5
Run 4 minutes at 6.5
Walk 1 minute at 3.5
Run 3 minutes at 6.7
Walk 1 minute at 3.5
Run 2 minutes at 7.0
Walk 1 minute at 3.5
Run 1 minute at 8.0
I can already feel my speed and endurance building, and I slowly want to add more minutes and higher speeds to my training! I would recommend giving interval training on some type of machine a try, that is if your gym isn't too crowded right now!! :)

JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment