Tuesday, January 18, 2011

Music has a way of making a bad day great; turning tears into laughter; and generally just improving the quality of life. At least it works this way for me. I was thinking about a few of my never-fail, guaranteed to put a smile on my face songs and felt compelled to share them so you could love them as well :) The funny thing about it is probably to most people these songs are nothing special, everybody has what makes them happy for no apparent reason- these are mine.

1. "You are the Best Thing"- Ray Lamontagne

2. "Changes" - David Bowie & Butterfly Boucher

3. "Build Me up Buttercup" - The Foundations

4. "ABC" - The Jackson 5

5. "Let's Get Married" - Archie Star

I wanted to add one more song, but it's not one that necessarily splits my face into a grin. But for some reason it is a song that holds a lot of emotion in it. I have to preface this by saying I absolutely love the movie Titanic. Not necessarily the cast, or the acting, but just the history. I also tend to have a thing for movies that are over three hours because they are so long that you become so wrapped up in it that it can seem more real. So here is a song that always makes me feel....I don't know exactly what, just feel. No judgment...

"My Heart Will go On" - Celine Dion

What songs make it so that you can't stop grinning or make your heart stop in your chest?
 
JORDAN

4 comments:

  1. Ha! This is NOT a song to be added to this happy list. Maybe if I ever make a list called "Rap songs that no one has any business knowing more than the first 30 seconds of the song" ...it will be on there

    ReplyDelete
  2. hahaha! Jordan forgot to tell u she has every word to this song memorized. or at least used to....

    ReplyDelete
  3. yea....he knows. He kind of has a video of it.

    ReplyDelete