Monday, January 31, 2011

And I'm Free...Free-fallin'


How positively fabulous does that look!? I have wanted to go bungee jumping literally as long as I can remember. It is probably the highest thing on my bucket list with sky-diving in close second. What a rush that would be! Just totally free falling for the short period of time it takes before the rope goes taut... I have never experienced that, but I can imagine that for those few seconds your life changes. Or I hope it does. This seems like one of those experiences you walk away from as a different person. I always envy the way children can see the world- so simplistically without all of the fears and worries and stress that as adults we inject into our everyday lives. I want to bungee jump so that for those few seconds I can think that way and forget about absolutely everything except the right here and right NOW. What a high that would be...

Two summers ago Zach and I went to Royal Gorge in Colorado, and the bridge there was insane- the world's longest suspension bridge. There was no bungee jumping going on or I would have been over the edge in a heartbeat. Looking down is absolutely terrifying  but man it calls to me for some reason. Some people think it's crazy. Maybe it is a little crazy. But I like to be a little crazy...a little shocking...keeps people on their toes ;)

Here are a couple of my pictures:
The bridge spanning Royal Gorge

Yeah...I really would love to have a bridge with my name on it

From the bottom of the gorge



 So please, enjoy the rest of today. But I'm begging you to consider doing something crazy tomorrow. How many tomorrows are there really going to be?


p.s. new WOTM is up, sorry about last week...

JORDAN

3 comments:

  1. CAnt wait to do this with you hunny! Its gonna be such a RUSH!! IVe got something crazy for us to do TOMORROW! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ha! What? Keep warm during the ice storm?

    ReplyDelete
  3. i didnt know bungee jumping was higher than sky diving for you - i actually think its higher for me as well! can we please do this TOGETHER? pleassseeee?? i think u are the only one who could talk me out of my ridiculous fear i am sure to have standing on the edge (Xtreme skyflier...)

    ReplyDelete