Friday, February 4, 2011

The Food Quest: Albano's Pizzeria

To read an introduction to the Food Quest, go here!

Saw It: On the Travel Channel's 101 Chowdown Countdown
Known For: The "pizza puff"
We Went: 11/21/10
We Had: Zach- pizza puff with cheese, sausage, spinach, bacon, and green peppers
              Jordan- pizza puff with cheese, broccoli, green peppers, and mushrooms

Each of us getting a pizza puff was completely and totally unnecessary. We had absolutely no idea just HOW BIG a pizza puff was going to be. I definitely did not expect something the literal size of a football, maybe even a little larger... It is basically a 12 inch pizza folded in half with all of the ingredients stuffed inside of it and then they deep fry it. Sound disgusting? It kind of is. Sound dangerous to your health? It DEFINITELY is. But still, worth a one time experience. To be honest, this is the first place on our Food Quest that I would not go back to. Zach would, he absolutely loved it, but for me it was a bit much. The puff was overwhelming and I barely ate any of it; each puff takes over half an hour to make; you bring home enough to feed an army but it really doesn't reheat that well... It was a unique thing to do, but the quality of the food versus all the cons I just listed really doesn't make it worth a repeat visit.

My pizza puff after I valiantly attacked it and couldn't eat another bite. Not a lot of progress...

P.S. Slow's Bar-B-Q is still my favorite of our food quest adventures!

JORDAN

2 comments:

  1. I just love reading your blog. I want to make a list of restaurants for us to visit, and I would never do that without your info. Lillie says "Hi".

    ReplyDelete
  2. wow my arteries just clogged looking at this post.

    ReplyDelete