Monday, February 14, 2011

The Little Things

My daycare children are precious. Today was a wild, crazy Valentine's party day with lots of loud, sugared up children who desperately need to be able to run around outside. Instead of it being one of those headache days though, we had a blast together and they are just about the sweetest Valentines you could ask for. Every time I was out of the classroom today they got deathly silent...if you ever watch children you know silence is a bad, terrifying sign that normally generates a deep fear of "what on earth are they doing out there?" But today it was because every time I would come back into the room they would count to 3 and yell "Happy Valentine's Day Jordan!!" Even though I was expecting it come the 17th time it never lost it's appeal and it definitely made my day :)


Happy Valentine's Day to all of you. Love someone today in a big way, and then tomorrow- do it again. Because who needs just a day of the year to remind you to do that?

JORDAN

2 comments:

  1. i read this this morning and thought it was SO CUTE!
    i had my own cute little moment today too with my kiddos!
    i got this new little Irish boy in my class and he is so cute and for 3 years old, he talks like a grown up.
    ok, the story: so i was helping him eat a little bit and i walked away to help some other kids and when i walked back to him he looks at me and says: come here! so i go over there and then he says, come closer! so i was real close to his face and then he took his nose and rubbed my nose and said "i just gave you a reindeer kiss and I am going to do it again" and HE DID! i almost cried. it was SO ADORABLE! :) :)

    ReplyDelete