Tuesday, February 15, 2011

It's Wine O'Clock Somewhere

I had the opportunity this past weekend to go to a winery with Kori. (This was part of our weekend-long celebration over the fact we have been having Thursday Night Dates for 52 weeks.)

I had never been to a winery before and really enjoyed the experience. We got to do a little tour of the winery; I find the process of making wine to be really fascinating. Then we got to do the tasting- 7 wines plus a bonus wine all for $2, not bad!
With each tasting you chose between a white and a red, so I just chose all whites and Kori chose all reds and we shared. A few of the reds were tolerable and two were actually good, but overall I am just not a huge fan of red wine. So far I stick to whites- Riesling being my go-to choice. I really would like to develop a more refined taste in wine though and be able to understand flavors better, which leads me to the next thing I would like to accomplish: Visit a vineyard.
For some reason I have always been captivated by vineyards. Or I should say, pictures of vineyards since I have never been to one... They just seem peaceful and romantic, and who doesn't need a bit of peace and romance in their lives? :) The fact that the end result of the grapes they are growing is that they are used to produce wine doesn't hurt either.
Napa Valley is definitely a place I would love to be able to visit. While they have an overabundance of wineries and vineyards, I know of a place that tops my list that I consider it a priority to visit: HALL Rutherford. This winery/vineyard combo looks positively amazing!
Italy and France are the two countries that really draw my attention. They are in high competition over holding the title of the world's largest wine producer, which basically just tells me that I obviously need to visit both!




Just another thing to add to the list...and yes I do literally have a list written down.


JORDAN

1 comment:

  1. you have never been to a vineyard? when u come to Btown again we will go to Oliver!

    ReplyDelete