Thursday, February 3, 2011

Home Sweet...Home?

I live in a very average one-story house, and we love it! For right now it is perfect for us and has an ideal amount of space, not to mention is the perfect place to run my business. That's not to say that I don't love a good, completely out-there house though. I found some completely crazy looking homes that, while I may not want to live there, would be so awesome to visit! The people who designed these definitely have the whole thinking-out-of-the-box concept down....
This is called an "ensculptic" house and is located in Minnestrista, Minnesota
The interior of the ensculptic house- it is on the market for $237,000...if you are interested :)

The ensculptic house is, get this, constructed entirely from polyurethane insulation foam. A foam house?!

A little secret to this home...I have ALWAYS loved it. It's located in Denver, CO- a place I have been going since I was a baby. This home is set high up in the mountains and it is visible from the interstate. Ever since I saw this at four years old, I have been so intrigued by this house. It's currently on the market for $3,800,000 so you know, not too much...HA! It is named "Sculptured House" and was built back in the 60's.
 What a view this place must have...

I mean, seriously? Hope they have blinds....

I don't know if this place is actually real, but how amazing looking. I think I would like to be able to call this home haha, but what a pain to get your mail!

This house may be my favorite...and not just because it is located in Switzerland. This is an underground house, and a website I found describes it best: "The most striking thing about this stone house is the majestic Alpine view through a wide, elliptical opening in the hillside, revealing spacious outdoor entertaining areas that lead to the home’s main entrance. Another entrance from a nearby barn leads residents and guests through an underground pathway, providing an alternate entryway into the home. The circular opening in the mountainside allows for lots of windows, which flood interiors with natural light while framing the stunning mountain views."





 JORDAN 




No comments:

Post a Comment