Thursday, February 24, 2011

A Limited Amount of Time

Can I go on a rant today please? Since this is my platform- I suppose you really have no choice and the choice is all mine...so therefore, I am ranting. I  have some things I would like to say about limitations.

I want to know why we let people place so many limitations on us, on our lives, and worse, why we put so many on ourselves. I constantly hear people talking about what they can't do, why they can't do it, why it isn't plausible, and what they are NOT capable of. This is not okay. At least not with me... It is too easy to believe people when they say these things to you and too easy to believe yourself when you are filling your head with self-doubt. This results in a society of people who use the word "dream" synonymously with "something that will never actually be achieved". Which is completely heartbreaking. Don't people see the untapped potential in themselves? Don't I see it in me? What a different world we could be if we would actually take the time to work at living out our dreams; making them a reality. For some people this may mean years of planning and for others this may mean to stop all the thinking and planning and just do it! But whatever your dream requires of you, stop ignoring it! Stop putting it on the back burner for "some other time". WAKE UP. This is your shot and you were given it for a reason- so do something with it! Make something of yourself. And I don't mean in the eyes of others where the people who make something of themselves are pro-athletes and movie stars. I mean make something of yourself FOR yourself; no matter how big or small it may seem. It does not matter how others see you, but how you see yourself.
Stop only scratching at the surface of who you want to be and just peel back all the layers.
Stop being afraid of what you might find.
Stop worrying about what it may mean.
Start living. breathing. doing.
Start being you
And for heaven's sake- STOP PUTTING LIMITATIONS ON YOURSELF!

Rant concluded.

"Never mind searching for who you are. Search for the person you aspire to be." -Robert Brault


JORDAN

2 comments:

  1. jordan i LOVED this rant! i totally agree. it IS possible to live your dream. I DID IT! for years i let things stand in my way: relationships, money, what poeple would think, worries... they are all excuses!
    I knew if i would just stop putting those limits on myself i could make this happen. you HAVE to step out of the box for a minute, realize that you CAN make your dreams happen, and just DO IT.
    i am in china, a place where i thought i would never be back to.
    you have to put effort into it. its not gonna fall into your lap!
    this is your one life. are you going to look back on it with a lot of "i wish i would haves"?

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love you. im so glad i have u as my best. we will live this life for all it is worth. <3

    ReplyDelete