Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Melting Pot, Berets, and a Birthday

So first to back up to the other night at the Melting Pot. If you have never been, it is a creative, unique, and yummy DELICIOUS way to dine! This is a fondue restaurant where you cook your own food. It is the best to do the full experience and go with the four course dinner- cheese fondue, salad, meat fondue, and the best- chocolate fondue. When we went for Leah's birthday on Sunday we did the Big Night Out- which allows you to have all of these. 

First Course: Cheese Fondue
Fondue à la France
A rich, smooth combination of baby Brie,
Fontina, Gruyère and Raclette cheeses
accented with Nueske’s bacon, onions,
white-truffle cream and fresh chives

(served with white and brown bread, raw veggies, granny smith apples)

Second Course: Salad
Salade Niçoise (ni - swaz)
Our version of this timeless classic
combining haricots verts, tomatoes,
hard-boiled egg and Niçoise olives
topped with a tangy Shallot Vinaigrette

Third Course: Meat Fondue
Fondue Feast*
Filet Mignon, Peppercorn-Crusted
NY Strip, Chicken Provençal,
Roasted-Garlic Shrimp, Maple
Leaf Farms Duck a l’Orange,
Ratatouille & Goat Cheese Ravioli
and Fresh Vegetables

Our cooking style for the meat (the broth you cook it in):
Coq au Vin
Flavors of fresh herbs, mushrooms,
garlic, spices and burgundy wine

Fourth Course: Chocolate fondue
White Chocolate Crème Brûlée
A fondue version of the classic French dessert
including white chocolate and caramelized sugar



What an absolutely great time and amazing meal!

On another note:
Now you know how there is always this article of clothing or particular style that you love and you really want to love it on YOU but it just doesn't work? I have one of these- the beret.


I think these ladies look lovely in a beret! But whenever I try one on- ridiculous. It is one of those things that every time I see one I think "Oh, maybe THIS one will look great!" But so far to no avail. I will press on though, and the day I find a beret I can pull off, you will be the first to know!

Lastly, today is my Momma's birthday!! She is an absolutely beautiful, fabulous woman and I am so blessed for her to be my mom! I won't reveal how old she is (doesn't matter, she doesn't look it anyway!) but we are celebrating tonight. After I get off work we are all headed to Indy to eat at P.F. Changs (a first for all of us but Zach). Then we are coming back to our house for presents and dessert. I am making her a grasshopper pie, because the combination of mint and chocolate is her favorite. Thanks Momma for being so wonderful and for raising me with such a good example to follow- Happy Birthday!!





JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment