Wednesday, December 29, 2010

Are you a "Hungry Girl"


As I am trying so desperately to continue to eat well, despite the holidays, I wanted to blog about Hungry Girl. Hungry Girl is a cookbook, a website, a person- all of these things. About a year ago my friend Kassey (read her incredible journey here) talked about Hungry Girl a lot. How there were tips on the website, how Hungry Girl e-mailed you recipes, and about the cookbooks. I am actually still not a member or whatever on the website, so I don't get e-mails -yet. I did however go buy a Hungry Girl cookbook. She has several out right now, and I am sure more coming, but the one I own is Hungry Girl 1-2-3: The Easiest, Most Delicious Guilt-Free Recipes on the Planet.
 I really want to own more of her cookbooks, especially since I have made over half of this one! My husband and I love hungry girl - the recipes are fun and easy, and most importantly delicious!! It has all been single-handedly created by Lisa Lillien, and she finds this miraculous way to turn things we already love to eat into healthy creations! There are so many different ingredients and substitutions to make these dishes healthy, and the best part is they don't break the bank. The kind of cooking these books have you doing is simple and fast. A lot of ingredients you already have, and others are one of those things that you buy once and have for a while. There are just so many brilliant creations in just the book I have alone, and she gives you the complete nutritional information for every dish. The next book I am after is called Hungry Girl 200 Under 200: 200 Recipes Under 200 Calories.
Want to start eating better? Give Hungry Girl a try- you won't be sorry you did!

P.S. Yes- she makes over desserts too and they are fab-u-lous!


JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment