Monday, March 7, 2011

A Time to Fly

Second on my bucket list (extremely closely tailing my #1- bungee jumping) is skydiving. It's one of those things that people always mention that they want to do, but rarely take the time to do it/save up the money to go/actually go through with it. Well guess what. I. Am. Going. In one month I (and anyone else who happens to join) am headed to Fort Atkinson, WI to tandem skydive through the dive company AtmosphAIR. I have a friend who went diving with this company a year and a half ago, and he was nothing but pleased. He also has the most incredibly awesome video of his dive. Videos are an extra cost, but are something I think would be priceless so I will most definitely be investing in one. You ascend to a height of TWO MILES before you jump. Then you have a 60 second free fall before the parachute deploys, followed by 6 minutes of parachute descent. Seven minutes of exhilaration. Sign me up :) They tell you on their website to "Build up your expectations as high as you can, this will top them!" This sounds pretty perfect for someone like me who is always looking for things to top my expectations. Oh, the best part about all of this? It is typically $219 for a dive, but the earlier you go, the better the special, so I will be diving for a mere $119! Definitely NOT something to pass up. To say I am beyond stoked would still be an understatement...

"...and once you have tasted flight, you will walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you long to return..." - Leonardo DaVinci 

 JORDAN

4 comments:

  1. Wow that's quote at the end is probably the best quote i've ever heard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. jordan this is awesome! i am brave enough to live on the other side of the world, but i dont think i could EVER sky dive, EVER! but i could bungee jump. weird, i know. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, I look forward to hearing about your experience but would never dream of joining you!!!

    ReplyDelete