Wednesday, March 9, 2011

So Kiss Me

I have a thing for pictures of people kissing. Not ones that are sloppy and explicit and uncalled for, but ones that portray love, romance, fire, and passion. This is my absolute favorite kissing picture of all time. I realize that this sailor didn't even know this nurse so therefore there wasn't really love and romance involved, but oh the passion...
Alfred Eisenstaedt took this picture of an unknown sailor and nurse on V-J Day in 1945. The scene: Times Square. The reason: The end of WWII. The kiss: Legendary.

I could write an entire novel centered around this one photograph. In fact, I am sure that people have. This picture represents so much more than just a kiss and I am completely enamored with it.


JORDAN

2 comments:

  1. I love that photo too! I actually bought a box of LIFE greeting cards that are blank inside. This picture is featured on the front of some of them. I only use the cards for very special occasions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. nurses are so sexy everyone wants to grab them and kiss them! :* hehe

    ReplyDelete