Thursday, April 21, 2011

It's that Time of Year...

Coming just around the corner, Farmer's Markets!!!
I am positively stoked for the warmer weather just around the corner that brings with it Saturday Farmer's Markets. Last year I got turned onto farmer's markets pretty late in the season and only was able to catch the last few. This year I plan on hitting them up as soon as they make their debut! We have had winter markets once a month indoors and I went to one of these, but with mostly meats and baked goods it just didn't compare to the beautiful abundance of fresh fruits and vegetables of the summer market. I absolutely love being able to support my community by buying locally instead of lining the pockets of a major corporation, not to mention how beautiful and fresh the produce is. If those aren't reason enough, the amount of money that I save makes it well worth it. Produce just tastes better when it's fresh off the farm rather than shipped to stores all over America. I am already dreaming up recipes to include all the delicious flavors of summer...

JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment