Monday, April 11, 2011

Hello, Monday

Today has been one of those days...and it's only halfway over! I need to start off by telling you that I did NOT jump out of a plane yesterday. We were re-scheduled for May 8th due to weather, which turned out to be a great thing because not only does my husband get to sky-dive with us now, but we had a fantastic time in Broad Ripple with friends!

Now this morning I woke up pretty groggy and out of it (thanks to allergies I am sure) and have found that hasn't really changed as the day progresses. My power was out for a little over an hour, making for a very dark recess for the kids. Finally I began calling parents to come get their children- no power = no lunch, and right as I finish that task, lo and behold the power comes back on! Commence re-calling all the parents. To top it off yesterday was an absolutely beautiful sunny day in the 80's (we almost hit a record for April 10th) and today is much cooler with plenty of rain. Oh, and did I mention that it's a Monday?

Sound whiny? Yeah I thought so too. Conclude complaining now. Despite the aforementioned things, I am pledging to have a good attitude and a good rest of my Monday! I am a very glass-half-full kind of person (honestly more like glass totally full) so I am going to choose to focus on the positive things about today

1. Tonight my husband and I are going to enjoy Fifty-cent sushi rolls at a local sushi place, hooray!!
 
2. I am going to go to the gym with Leah after work and get a good workout in
3. I have no plans tonight other than the gym and dinner, so I am going to get lots of sleep!
Um...I WISH this was my room...
4. I have a brand new issue of Food & Wine to read :)

Did I mention I am going to get a lot of sleep?
So find something to make you happy this Monday and keep smiling! Everything in life is better when you smile! (And I definitely don't care if you thought that sounded cheesy- it doesn't make it any less true!)

JORDAN


1 comment: