Saturday, October 30, 2010

Strength Training

I used to be able to sleep til almost one on Saturdays...and now those days are loooong gone. My body is so accustomed to getting up early every day that I can barely sleep past nine even if I try! So for a little over a month now I have been going to a 9am strength training class at our local YMCA. (I figure if I am going to be up so early I might as well do something productive!) And it really is a great way to start my day. What I love about strength is that it is unpredictable. Everyone needs a change up in their workout now and then to hit muscles you may be missing and just to keep things fresh. Well Saturdays do this for me. I walk into the class never knowing what equipment we are going to be using that day, and am still running into things that are new and I  have never used before. Some of the different things we use to train our bodies are
Body bars
Bosu Ball

small weighted balls

Exercise Ball

Gliders

Steps

Free Weights

See any that you didn't know what they were? Don't feel bad, I have felt that way several times going into class and seeing some new equipment for the day. All these things combined make for some fun and challenging workouts! Strength is also great because it is a perfect balance of strength, cardio, and abs. Training multiple muscles at once (like combining bicep curls with lunges) is a wonderful way to get a more intense workout in a shorter period of time.Your body will thank you!


On a completely different note our HALLOWEEN PARTY is tonight, and I have GOT to go clean, decorate, and prepare food! Enjoy your Saturday!

JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment