Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Water

Water is one of my best friends. I have never been a pop person, so in trying to be healthy that was an easy thing to cut out of my life completely (other things not so much...). I have never been a beverage person in general, not crazy about tea or milk or flavored things like Gatorade, etc. I used to often eat meals without a drink at all, and could go through the entire day without having more than a cup of water. This was one of the biggest adjustments in my routine over the past few years as I have started becoming more concerned with health and fitness. I started out setting goals for myself such as "Drink 24oz. of water in a day." It may not sound like much, but for me it WAS! At first I didn't enjoy drinking water and had to make myself, but over time I grew more and more accustomed to it until now I am at the point where I will crave water. I drink a minimum of two and a half of these...
in a day. This is a 24oz. bottle- so I know I am getting at least 60oz. daily, and it is generally more than that.
*SIDE NOTE: My best friend bought me this exact
Nathan water bottle for Chrismas last year
and it is a miracle worker! It keeps your water so
much colder than a plastic bottle, because it is made
out of stainless steel. The silicone sleeve is great
for grip, especially when your hands are sweating!
The best part is the built in straw mechanism- I
am not one of those coordinated people who can 
run on the treadmill and tip back a bottle of water, so
to be able to easily flip up a straw and drink right out
of it, is sooo convenient!*

On the same page with water, having a bottle you constantly refill is so important! Some 38 billion disposable bottles end up in landfills every year. WHAT?! That is so ridiculous when you consider the fact that you can easily purchase a reusable bottle and voila! no more plastic water bottle waste from you! Besides, it is such a money saving option too! I have three water bottles and two of them are always full and in the fridge. As soon as one is empty, just refill it, pop it in the fridge, and pull out a nice cold bottle!
Think I'll go have some water now...


JORDAN

No comments:

Post a Comment