Monday, June 27, 2011

Current Life and a Bit of Vacation!

Several things making me a happy girl right now...
1. Having my refrigerator/pantry finally re-stocked with lots of healthy food
2. Finally getting back into a routine at the gym!
3. Having a planned menu for my entire week of amazing things to cook
4. Pretty much anything and everything about my incredible husband
5. The multiple fun and successful parties of this past weekend (which included Christine who got to come visit for a whole four days!!!!)
6. The Bachelorette is on tonight (everyone is allowed a guilty pleasure :) )
7. The fact that I got to spend literally all day laying by the pool on Saturday and I plan on doing that multiple times this summer!

I hope everyone had a fantastic weekend because mine was pretty stellar. We had a completely random impromptu party that turned out to be one of the best ones we have had in a long time! I got to enjoy a lot of time with my BFF including brunch, pool time, camera shopping, and just hanging out catching up. Now I am taking on this week with a lot of confidence and can honestly say I am PUMPED to hit the gym after work!

Now, I need to start tackling the big task of vacation posts. Where better to start than...the beginning!

Day one Thursday: This was a total driving day. We took off from Muncie around 3:30 in the afternoon and headed West. We stopped in St. Louis for dinner and discovered the oh-so-awesome St. Louis Union Station where Zach had his first experience eating at a Hard Rock Cafe. We had a great little stopover there before heading on.
Our view from dinner
Officially vacation :)














We continued driving, through the night, so I guess that turns this into...

Day two Friday: We arrived at my Uncle Greg's house in Denver, CO a little after 8am and positively crashed. After only an hour sleeping though we had a surprise. My mom and dad were supposed to be leaving for Denver this Friday night so we weren't expecting to see them until Saturday, then suddenly they are waking us up to say hello! I was so confused I sat up and said "What day is this!?!?!" Ha! They had been keeping it a secret for months that they were going to fly instead of drive and they had wanted to beat us there but we were too fast. After we caught up on a little sleep we went to lunch with Mom and Dad at the Cherry Cricket (actually one of our travel channel places, but that is for another post!).
 After lunch we all hung around outside Greg and Dan's (including their sweet dog Dexter)
Then went to dinner at El Diablo and to an art walk. The art walk was very...interesting. Haha! Some of the art was really cool while some was just plain weird. We had a good time though and it was an excellent place for people watching!

Colorful flags at the art walk
Some of the interesting "art"
My mama and I


Well, I can tell this is going to take a while since I only did TWO days today. But never fear, it will all get posted! Stay tuned for days three and four tomorrow!



JORDAN









No comments:

Post a Comment